NVER is presiding FIDE from 2018 until 2020 and, in that capacity, has been entrusted with the responsibility to organize the XXIX FIDE Congress to be held in May 2020 in the Netherlands.
The members of the NVER board are Corinna Wissels (President), Charlotte Schillemans (Secretary), Armin Cuyvers (Treasurer), Herman van Harten, Hélène Stergiou, Felix Ronkes Agerbeek, Herman Speyart, Claartje van Dam, Pauline Huurnink, Ronald van Ooik, Sybe de Vries, Charlotte Schillemans, Sylvia Evers, Guus de Bruijn and Clio Zois.
NVER founded the Stichting FIDE 2020 for the organisation of the XXIX FIDE Congress with the following board members (the ‘FIDE 2020 board’):
- Corinna Wissels (President), Member of the Administrative Jurisdiction Division of the Dutch Council of State
- Herman van Harten (Secretary General), Judge at the District Court of The Hague
- Marlies Noort (Treasurer), Agent before the Court of Justice of the EU, Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Marleen Botman (Social Programme Officer), Lawyer (advocaat) at Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn
- Jorrit Rijpma (Scientific Programme Officer), Jean Monnet Professor, Leiden Law School
The FIDE 2020 Board has assigned various elements of the organisation to several committees, most notably the scientific programme committee, the sponsor committee, the communications committee.